<p>Dedicated vineyards sloping down from the historic Poggio alle Mura Castle crowning our estate. We chose this area, particularly suited to growing Sangiovese, to plant the first vineyard resulting from over a decade of research to isolate the optimal selection of clones to produce consistently outstanding Brunello di Montalcino. The vines were planted in 1992. Altitude: 210-220 meters above sea level. Position: Hillside.</p>
100% Sangiovese, from a combination of estate selected clones.
The grape harvest is followed by a maceration of 12-14 days. Temperature-controlled alcoholic fermentation (27-29°C) takes place in the Horizon hybrid stainless steel and wood tanks. 90% of the wine is aged for 2 years in French oak barriques and the remaining 10% in large casks. Before release, only in the sixth year after the harvest, the wine is bottle-aged.
An extraordinary vintage, 2007, for the launch of this Riserva, which rounds out the family of Poggio alle Mura. This Brunello stands out for a rare elegance, together with an immense concentration and power that make it suitable for long aging.
93 - Gold Medal
Super Tre Stelle
Method: In our custom hybrid fermenters of stainless steel and French oak.
Temperature: 27-29 degrees centigrade
Malolactic:Yes, in barriques
Length of Barrel Aging:24 months
Origin of Barrel:10% French Oak Casks (60hl & 120hl), 90% in French Oak barriques (350 l.)
The color is deep and intense. The perfume is complex and typical of Sangiovese. If left to oxygenate for a few minutes, the wine gives off very sweet aromas of tobacco, licorice and cocoa. Although still fining in wood, the structure is large and of great substance, characterized by ripe and sweet tannins, well balanced with the acidity. Long finish, with aromas of mouth of great persistence. The power and elegance of this wine allow for an aging of more than ten years.
The color is deep and intense, with garnet reflections. The nose is complex, with an initial slight balsamic note that during oxygenation in the glass is replaced by delicious aromas of plum and blackberry, well integrated with notes of licorice and coffee. The structure is striking and elegant, with very soft tannins in harmony with the lively acidity. Very long finish.
In our custom hybrid fermenters of stainless steel and French Oak, between 27 and 29 degrees centigrade for 12 to 14 days. Malolactic: yes, in barriques. Aged in the barrel for 24 months. Barrels are 10% Slavonian Oak Casks (60 hl & 120 hl), 90% in French Oak barriques (350 l.)
Deep red color with just a garnet shade. The complex aromas are sweet, with scents of plum, ripe cherry and small red fruits, which are well integrated with tobacco and balsamic notes. In the mouth is full, with powerful but soft and pleasing tannins. Huge persistence in the finish and very much suitable for long aging.
Method: In our custom hybrid fermenters of stainless steel and French oak. Length of Barrel Aging: 24 months. Temperature: 27-29 degrees centigrade. Length: 12-14 days. Malolactic: Yes, in barriques. Origin of Barrel: 10% Slavonian Oak Casks (60hl & 120hl), 90% in French Oak barriques (350 l.).
The color is deep red, with garnet nuances. The bouquet is rich with notes of plum jam, coffee, cocoa and mildly balsamic aromas. On the palate, the wine is extremely powerful and full, while at the same time smooth and harmonious, with ripe and gentle tannins. It has a very long finish, thanks to its big structure perfect for long aging.